In no particular order…
- Send project edits piecemeal.
- Keep changing your mind, and eventually settle on the very first concept.
- Ask for Comic Sans font.
- Insist on using boring, cliche stock images.
- Disappear for weeks and ignore all emails and phone calls.
- Request multiple proposals with varying specs and then never move forward with any project.
- Ask why designing a website is so expensive and cite lower rates you got from a sophomore IT major.
- Design the project yourself in Microsoft Word and send it over as “just a suggestion.”
- Don’t pay your invoice on time.
- Fax or mail hard copies of text to be included in a project.
Have you committed any of these faux pas? Or do you have any to add to the list?